UPDATE: Application period for FEMTANZ trainers has closed. If you’d like to participate in the FEMTANZ training programme, click here.
FEMTANZ is a five month (October 2012 – February 2013) support programme for women-owned Tanzanian technology-enabled businesses. It will provide business support services to women who wish to establish and grow their own technology-enabled businesses. Learning will be via interactive workshops, peer discussion groups, and some support from coaches. Participants will become part of a peer network of women facing similar challenges and opportunities where they can share their experiences and learn from each other. They will learn whether they have what it takes to be an entrepreneur; how to define their market and position their product, and what it will take to make sales and grow their company.
The FEMTANZ programme, which is a subprogramme of the FEMTECH programme that has been run successfully in South Africa, will entail training up a group of trainers that can offer FEMTANZ on an ongoing basis in Tanzania. Trainers will be expected to attend the Train-the-Trainer sessions at their own cost, but will be paid a stipend for the training that they deliver as part of their practicum. Hence if you are interested in becoming a FEMTANZ trainer and you meet the following criteria, you are welcome to apply.
Entry criteria ￼
- Knowledgeable about the issues associated with starting a business.
- Knowledge of the ICT and technology sectors.
- Background and experience in business disciplines.
- Tanzanian citizen.
- Knowledgeable about the entrepreneurial ecosystem – in Tanzania and in other countries in Africa, such that relevant examples can be cited during the training.
- Access to established business networks that can be leveraged for the benefit of the participants in terms of including guest lecturers on specialized topics (e.g. innovation, intellectual property, funding opportunities, basic financial accounting, marketing and branding).
- Excellent communication skills and an engaging, participative and motivational training style.
- Interested in delivering the training to different women audiences in different regions of Tanzania.
- Entrepreneurially oriented and willing to find new opportunities for presenting the training to appropriate audiences and securing the associated resources.
- Having founded and run your own business will be an added advantage.
How to apply?
Submit the following to email@example.com:
- form with your personal details (download form in docx, doc or rtf format),
- copy of your CV, and
- motivation as to why you should be selected as a FEMTANZ trainer.
Submission deadline is July 31st, midnight. Approximately six Trainee Trainers will be chosen for the programme. Shortlisted applicants should expect to be interviewed during August 2012. The Selection Panel’s decision is final and no further communication or correspondence will be entered into.
Catherinerose Barretto (queries about the programme)
or call 0689 588354