African News Innovation Challenge (ANIC) is now on its second phase. Initial ideas from all over Africa have been submitted and now it’s your turn to give feedback in form of likes, dislikes, comments and questions. These inputs will considered by the jury and the finalists will be announced already August 10th, 2012.
We are extremely happy to see a lot of ideas from Tanzania and also many other ideas including or mentioning Tanzania! Check out the background info about ANIC from the earlier events in January and June and then have a good look at the submitted ideas from Tanzania:
- Gushit “yakiTz kwa waTz” – Tanzania’s crowdsourced news aggregator
- Dropbox News Store Network Technology in Tanzania
- VillageVoice – a citizen reporter network connecting 23 Tanzanian villages
- Enhancing Citizens’ Participation in Constitution Making Process in Tanzania
- Rural Citizen Journalism: Giving Voice to Mobile Villagers
- The African Community Media Initiatives (NI MUHIMU)
- KipazaSAUTI – Radio News Gathering Via Recorded Phone Calls
- Mashariki viewsPAPER – citizen analysis & opinion portal
- Sauti ya Mtaa: Geo-located Citizen News
- CitizenSource – the news bookmark site
Here are also other ideas mentioning Tanzania:
- ConvergeCMS: a cross-platform workflow management & publishing system for African newsrooms
- Making every voice count in the media
- CommunityWiki – A Toolkit for Journalists Reporting on African Cultural Content
- AfricanSpending – improving watchdog journalism by ‘mapping the money’
- World Media Now: Creating A Citizen Media Army to Battle Corruption, Crime and Humanitarian Issues
- Dial ‘n tell
Now is the time to show your support and give your contribution to the posted ideas! The rules of ANIC clearly state that the more engagement and public discussion an idea generates, the more advantage it will have in the selection of finalists by the jury.
There’s a total of one million US dollars up for grabs for the implementation of best ideas, so help your fellow Tanzanians (and brilliant ideas by others) to make it big in this competition by sharing your love (like-button is a nice heart!), asking questions, providing feedback that enhances the ideas, offering constructive critique and the like!!
Share this via your social media networks to get feedback for submitted ideas also from your friends! 😉