Hosted by the Government of Kenya through the Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology, and Supported by the European Commission and African Union Commission, IST-Africa 2013 will take place in Nairobi, Kenya from 29 – 31 May 2013. IST-Africa 2013 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Kenya section.
Part of the IST-Africa Initiative, which is co-funded by the European Commission under the ICT Theme of Framework Programme 7 (FP7), IST-Africa 2013 is the eighth in an Annual Conference Series which brings together senior representatives from leading commercial, government & research organisations across Africa and from Europe, to bridge the Digital Divide by sharing knowledge, experience, lessons learnt and good practice and discussing policy related issues.
The 3rd annual IST-Africa Living Labs Working Group meeting will take place on 14 May as a pre-conference event.
The scientific programme for IST-Africa 2013 is based on an open Call for Papers
IST-Africa 2013 is focused on applied ICT and the core thematic areas include
- Cloud Computing – Applications and Case Studies
- Cyber Security
- Digital Libraries and Cultural Heritage
- eGovernment – Services to Citizens & Business
- eHealth, mHealth & Health Information Systems
- eInfrastructures and NRENs
- ICT for eInclusion and eAccessibility
- ICT for Environmental Sustainability
- ICT Regulatory Frameworks
- Living Labs (Adaptation for Developing Countries)
- Mobile Applications (including mServices, mEducation, Social Networking)
- Open Source Software – Applications
- RFID and Networked Enterprise
- Technology Enhanced Learning and ICT Skills
- Transformation of Research Results into Local Innovation
Interested presenters are encouraged to prepare an 8 page paper (4,000 – 5,000 words) using the IST-Africa 2013 paper guidelines and paper template provided on the IST-Africa Conference Portal, for submission online by 07 December.
To download the paper template and guidelines, please visit
All submissions will be double blind reviewed by members of the International Programme Committee, and authors will receive feedback in early February. Accepted authors will then be invited to submit a final paper taking account of feedback provided for inclusion in the conference proceedings by 28 February.
We look forward to receiving your submission.
IIMC International Information Management Corporation Ltd
UPDATE 28.1.2013: Dates of the conference have changed from May 15-17th to May 29-31st!