As part of TANZICT’s Tanzania Innovation Program, the TaFinn Knowledge Exchange -program supports research- and knowledge-exchange trips for Tanzanian and Finnish academics, key stakeholders and ICT innovators.
In order to create new and develop existing connections between Finnish and Tanzanian universities, we are opening a Call for Applications for Tanzanian participants for a knowledge exchange and partnership-creation trip between Tanzanian and Finnish universities along areas relevant to TANZICT scheduled for November 2013.
The goal of the trip is to initiate partnerships and collaboration between Finnish and Tanzanian Universities. TANZICT will organize a small tour of relevant universities in Finland to enable the participants to have initial meetings and get to know each other. The participants can also organize their own meetings for some or part of the time, provided they get approval of that beforehand from the CTA. Focus areas for TANZICT are ICT, innovation, living labs and entrepreneurship – applications related to these will be prioritized.
Maximum of 10 participants in total, and maximum of 2 participants from one University. The Call for Applications is open to staff of all Tanzanian Universities, but preference will be given to existing partners of TANZICT and to those who can clearly articulate the desired areas of collaboration, and identify most potential partners (University, Department/Research group) from Finland in their application.
- Knowledge exchange will introduce Tanzanian universities to relevant academic programs, research projects and exchange opportunities in Finland.
- Tanzanian universities are able to meet their counterparts in Finnish universities face-to-face to initiate new research, collaboration and exchange partnerships.
- Tanzanian universities involved in the living labs will learn how living labs are developed and used in research by Finnish universities, also creating a base for collaboration between living lab initiatives.
- Established partnerships will create a basis for academic longer-term exchanges also funded by TaFinn.
- Stronger collaboration links between Tanzania and Finland in ICT, innovation and living labs.
Trip is expected to take place in November 2013. Duration max 7 days. Call for Applications closes on September 5th 2013.
TaFinn will cover all acceptable travel expenses for all participants according to the Government of Finland Travel Regulations. TANZICT will organize the flights, hotels etc and all travel will be in Economy class. Travellers will be reponsible for making sure they have a valid passport. More detailed conditions will be communicated to the selected travellers.
UPDATE 9.9.2013 08.59: Application period closed and form removed.