“MEDIA and ICT forum” is an event that aims at addressing some of the challenges that are found in the online media stakeholders in the country and provide solutions through sharing of ideas and experiences. The event hopes to provide a light on alternative sources to create money on the social media as traditional sources of media are facing struggles to cope with the competition which they get through online media.
The forum came as a direct result of media and ICT symposium conducted at BUNI hub in Dar-Es-Salaam, part of the TANZICT project, which is affiliated with Commission of Science and Technology Tanzania, COSTECH. Participants of the forum will be media and ICT stakeholders. This forum is expected to provide dialogue between traditional and digital media stakeholders on various issues affecting the media industry in Tanzania in relation to ICT.
This forum will take place on 6th March 2014, COSTECH building ground floor, Buni Hub from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. The topic of the session is “is digital media (online journalism) a threat to traditional media?”
The event is for free for anyone who wants to attend and share his or her views concerning the above mentioned topic.
The panelists are:
- Mr. Kilasa Mtambalike: experienced journalist and editor working with daily news, a leading English newspaper tabloid. He has over ten years experience in the media industry of Tanzania.
- Mrs. Zuhura Selemani: assistant lecturer at the university of Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania school of journalism and mass communications. She currently lectures in journalistic studies.
- Mr. Sebastian Mwaikambo: Social Media Activists and Radio Presenter on reputed local radio, East Africa Radio.
- Mr. Said Sambala: Social Media activists and social reformer with a Facebook Group “Tanuru La Fikra” with over 22,000 active users. The group has been on operation for over 4 years discussing different issues concerning Tanzania.
- Mr. Tony Severine: Expert and trainer on digital marketing and blogging.
Please share the information with any individual interested to attend this amazing session.